awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 22:40:50 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Building and support took precedence after the events of the war. But there was one place he refused to step foot in, at least not now.

So, when he was asked to help with reconstruction, Montgomery happily agreed... so long as he didn't go to Mossdeep.

His time there with before the main battle still lingered in his mind. He wasn't ready to revisit the scene. And, although he and the Rocket scientist had, in a way, rectified their differences, images of the interdream mist lingered. How she saw his wants and desires, before they were faced with one another again.

Montgomery was not in uniform today. Rather, a black button down, with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, jeans, and his hat were his outfit of choice. Sweat dripped down his neck as he moved debris, his ILLUMINA SKARMORY flying beside him.

There was sadness dimming her glow.

Catching his eye, he spotted , a ranger he'd only briefly met before. "Robin. Good to see ya made it here."

[attr="class","montytag"] | storm drain
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
851 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 17:26:34 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","robinsgift"]

[attr="class","robinsgiftimg"]

"Made it here," she echoed with melancholy as she pushed up her shirt sleeves and got to work moving debris as well. "I live here now." It was an innocuous statement if not for the inconsistency in her voice - not quite a crack, but nothing stable, either. [break][break]

She shrugged, a forced and jerky movement. "Water did a lot of damage all over. I didn't think about how dangerous water could be til I saw it." It was a terrible thing to confess in its own right, given she was a Ranger who dealt with natural disasters semi-frequently. But they'd largely been earthquakes and fires. Water was easy to trust.

[break][break]

notes[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","robinsgifttag"]

[attr="class","meulkcodes"]MEULK CODES

[newclass=.robinsgift]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#b42c0c solid 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgift b]color:#b42c0c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgift a]font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgiftimg]background: url(https://i.imgur.com/uWiTSmq.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.robinsgiftimg:hover]opacity:1;transition-duration:1s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgifttag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.meulkcodes]font-family:courier new;font-size:7.5pt;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 21:04:14 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Robin was... different than before. Where the first time he'd met her she was perky and full of life, she seemed to be a shell of her former self. She appeared almost as ghastly as her favored ghosts.

What had happened to her during the war?

"In Lilycove?" Montgomery asked, raising his eyebrow. "You moved?"

He would be a better man if he'd learned to stop asking so many questions.

"Unfortunately, water's just about as deadly, if not more. I was all too familiar with it in Driftveil." The stormy seasons, threatening to bring colossal waves upon the citizens and their homes. Equally as agitated water-types beached in the process.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
851 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 21:57:56 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

Runerigus illuminated the dark sludge that contaminated much of the collapsed building. The raised water level had displaced so many pokemon. The run-off and toxic sludge left in the wake of the raised sapphire tides had left its mark for sure. She imagined that people would get as sick as they'd been during the toxic uptick months ago. [break][break]

"Yeah. Moved close to , actually." It was nice to have that much of a support network, but she hadn't left Dewford on her own terms. She felt dirty, exiled. [break][break]

Runerigus floated up to gently tug on some hanging, sparking wires. As he tried to trace back to the power source and disconnect it, she took a long look at Montgomery to assess him. "What brought you here? I'm sure there's plenty to do back ho- back there." Petalburg probably needed more help than any of these drowned cities but it would also require far more coordination than the League was capable of.

[break][break]

notes[break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.robinsgift]background-color:#2b2b2b;font-family:open sans;font-size:9pt;text-align:justify;color:#aaa;padding:50px;border-bottom:#b42c0c solid 30px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgiftimg]background: url(https://i.imgur.com/uWiTSmq.png);width:250px;height:100px;opacity:.6;transition-duration:2s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.robinsgifttag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 22:30:31 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"] was not someone Montgomery had ever recalled meeting. Of course, he knew that he held a position in the gyms of Hoenn. He hoped that he was there to take care of Robin.

"Dewford has plenty of other officers that can help. I decided that Lilycove could use the extra help," he answered.

And, the fact he was avoiding Mossdeep and , despite the yearning in his body that told him to go find her.

His own Pokemon decided to aid her ILLUMINA RUINERIGUS, picking up the low wires in her beak after the ghost had disconnected the power source. She was able to lift them away, clearing one of the hazards on the ground while illuminating the sky.

"You wanna talk about it?" he prompted.

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
851 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 23:06:30 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

She wasn't sure if he actually knew or not. Her mom's restraining order against her had been so significant in radius that she functionally couldn't visit Dewford while it was active. "Sometimes," she answered instead, watching their pokemon work together to quell emerald sparks of electricity, "you just have to leave everything behind." Cryptic, sure, but broad enough to be advice a young woman would take. [break][break]

While he was here, she might as well get some guidance from him. After all, her first assessment of him had been that he was super cool and a force of good for Dewford. "What would you do if your world turned upside down? If what you thought you knew wasn't true at all? Or if you were different than you'd thought, all this time? How do you, um, how do you move on?" How do you move forward? [break][break]

[break][break]

notes[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 3:40:02 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]There was something that she wasn't sharing. That was okay. Montgomery wasn't the type of person to share his life story to others. Regardless, there was something underneath that was making this situation rather concerning.

Maybe he'd give some files a look into when he got back to the station.

Her request for his advice took him by surprise. "Honestly? Ya probably don't wanna ask me that."

Driftveil City. His family. Rocket. Everything, turned on its head and then left to burn to ashes not even two years ago. The wound was still fresh.

"I've been in yer shoes before. But instead of handlin' my issues, I ran away from 'em like a coward. I thought that maybe, if I became a new person, I wouldn't have ta think about what happened."

Montgomery took that as an invitation to sit down, despite the dust-covered ground. He flicked a cigarette from his pack, tucking it between his lips and lighting it.

"Time. That's the shitty answer. Y'know, the saying, time heals all wounds? It does, eventually. But it can take years or seem like forever. And, talkin' about it, to someone you trust. Like, I assume, that fella."

He's a hypocrite for saying it all, thinking his life could change just because he switched alliances, became a deputy, and left Unova. In reality, Unova still haunted him. Little did he know that remnants came to Hoenn, such as his relationship with .

"Though, even I know that sometimes, that's all bullshit. So ya just... try to do yer best to live each day."

- bingo: hoenn
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
851 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 15:33:37 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

Time was a bad answer. She couldn't afford to wait. Her life was falling apart in her hands like damp paper, shredding and flopping and impossible to fix. His echoing of Lam left her making a small nod in agreement. "Lam's the best. He's the gym leader here, if you ever want to challenge him." She clicked her tongue, bringing Runerigus close to help clear the sludge around a support beam. [break][break]

She didn't know how to do her best anymore. His advice was well-intentioned, but she felt like fate had dictated her life would shatter at her feet after the war; that she got what she'd always wanted, becoming a psychic and fulfilling her birthright, but it had cost her everything she had earned along the way. "I, um, I wanted that fight at Sootopolis to happen. I mean - I wanted it to hurry up and get here, already. The waiting had been killing me, y'know? The months of anticipation. The paranoia." She sniffled and turned from him to gather herself. [break][break]

Quietly, for herself, she admitted, "I feel like a monster for wanting that." She looked around, but the building and the street and the city block was still reeling from water damage. But... The city would not be fixed in a day. She wished she could make it all better with a wave of her hand, but she couldn't, so she walked over and sat beside Montgomery. The cigarette smoke was unpleasant, but it felt kind of nice. The world was on fire, but the ruby-orange glow of his cigarette felt like a reflection, rather than a deflection, of the damages. [break][break]

But metaphors were worthless anyhow. "Sorry, I don't mean to be a bummer. I like helping. I think what we're doing is good." She looked at her dirtied hands. Finally, she asked tentatively, "How are things in Dewford?"

[break][break]

notes[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 14:10:11 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]If anything, Montgomery would agree with her sentiment. He couldn't fault her on how she viewed the world or war.

Call them both ANOMALIES, but Robin had a fair point.

"I don't think it's bad to think like that. We all were anxious for the war. The region's been one balloon, filling up with air until it was ready to pop." He held up his hands in a circular shape and then pretended the circle blew up.

"So, don't apologize to me for wantin' that."

He tapped some of the ash from his cigarette, dropping silently to the ground. "War's never a good thing. But waiting for it to happen is just as bad as the actual fight."

Montgomery looked back to her, shrugging. "It's doin' its best. The same as every other city in the region, though I suppose these areas were hit harder."

Dewford would be fine. He thought, at least. "We have a good team there."

- bingo: anomaly
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
851 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2024 17:10:58 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[nospaces]

His rationality was a great comfort. He was an anchor that she desperately needed right now. And his lack of judgement? She let out a sigh of relief. "A great team," she added. "Dewford's a tough nut to crack." Barring the winter wonderland it was thrown into with the ice and all. [break][break]

Runerigus pulled a beam properly in place and used protect to strengthen its connection with the framework of the building. It wouldn't collapse in on itself, but it definitely needed more cleaning and some rebuilding. "Thanks for having my back," she said in a small voice. She hadn't earned the support, not with all her mistakes lately, but she had learned from that people needed community and other people, and strength came from knowing when to ask for help. [break][break]

"I'm not ready to call it today," she confessed, "but I think a break would be nice. Looking at torn-down buildings all the time is a total downer. Can we take a lunch break? The diner's still in-tact." She didn't look at him, feeling sheepish, but the worst he could do was say no. She needed to ask for help or company or whatever if she wanted to get better.

[break][break]

notes[break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 0:31:04 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"Of course."

Montgomery wished he could offer her more. He wished he could CHAMPION her against these times, but he couldn't do much against her wishes. What he'd learned, it was better to not get into the woes of others lives against their will.

Something he'd learned in Unova.

"Break's fine. Let's go there. Ticket's on me," he said, standing up and crushing the cigarette. He left it smoldering, though he offered his hand to Robin to aid her in standing.

bingo: champion
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
picking up the pieces
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 2:00:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven